Thursday, May 24, 2007

 

School Talk

I had my very first paid school talk last month. It was awesome! The kids (grade three) were terrific -- good listeners and lots of interaction. I showed them some photos that I had chosen as "triggers" and told them to take notes about the details, and what they thought had happened before the photo was taken or would happen after. They jotted down lots of notes, and I hope they ended up with plenty of fodder for stories. The were studying "stuck stories" at the time -- for example, being "stuck" somewhere, like at the airport, so I was able to work that into my presentations. There were four classes in total; I talked to two at a time. I was nervous, but I absolutely loved it. Amazing thing, networking.
I've been asked to come speak at the Airdrie public library for their summer reading program, on the topic of Ancient Egypt. Since my next book is set in ancient Egypt, I allowed as I could probably speak a little bit about that. Don't know the details yet, but that will probably be two talks to kids of different ages, on the same day.

And in other news, it snowed again today. Sheesh.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?