Thursday, February 18, 2010

 

Auroras!

I am THRILLED to say that my second children's novel, The Amulet of Amon-Ra, will be on the voting ballot for this year's Prix Aurora Awards for best long-form work in English. These are Canadian awards for speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, horror, etc). I am in good company, with Robert J Sawyer (Wake), Edward Willett (Terra Insegura), Barb Galler-Smith and Josh Langston (Druids), and Hayden Trenholm (Steel Whispers). Competition will be fierce! I think it's really cool just to be nominated.

The rest of the short-lists will be available as soon as possible. Information can be found here:
http://www.prix-aurora-awards.ca/

Cliff Samuels, who is on the committee this year, called last night while I was out. I could not figure out why, until about two hours later, when I went, "OH!" Then I wondered if he might be calling, as a friend, to commiserate with bad news (i.e., that I hadn't quite made it). It seemed unlikely, but possible. I had a nightmare, in which the "bad news" arrived with my morning oatmeal. Literally. It was in my oatmeal. But then I woke up and realized I had been dreaming. So I guess I was more concerned about it than I had thought!

But he called again this morning, asking if I would accept the nomination, to which I said, "Of course!" So. There we have it. I've been smiling all day.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Congrats, Leslie--a hundred times over! I'm so happy for you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?